The following collection of useful information is specific to the MCHS Class of 2017. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the MCHS - Central Campus Main Office at 815-467-2140.
An informative letter regarding graduation will be mailed to all senior families in early April. A copy of the letter will be posted here after it is issued.
The graduation ceremony is scheduled for Sunday, May 21, 2017, at 7:00 p.m. in the Central Campus athletic stadium. The stadium will open for seating at 4 p.m., and students must report to the Performing Arts Center at 6 p.m.
To ensure that students receive the correct diploma, only the diploma cover will be given out during the ceremony. Please note diplomas will be distributed after the ceremony in the large gym (enter through Door 28). Please also note the ceremony will also be broadcast through a link on our web site.
We do not limit the number of guests a graduate may invite, but special seating may be requested for the handicapped, elderly, or others who have difficulty sitting in bleachers. Each student may reserve special seating tickets for up to 3 guests. For more information, contact Mrs. Kathy Fairbairn, 467-2140 ext. 5067, by Wednesday, May 17, 2017, and inform her of your request for reserved seating tickets. Reserved seating tickets will be required and will be distributed at graduation rehearsal.
In the event of inclement weather, a School Messenger blast regarding any ceremony changes will be sent to families of seniors by 3 p.m. on Sunday, May 21, 2017. Additional messages will be sent, if necessary. Alternate dates and times for the ceremony are as follows:
- Monday, May 22, 2017, at 7 p.m. with students reporting at 6 p.m. and the stadium opening for seating at 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 23, 2017, at 7 p.m. with students reporting at 6 p.m. and the stadium opening for seating at 4 p.m.
Spectator & Student Conduct
As a courtesy to others, the audience is requested to remain seated throughout the program and refrain from any loud or disruptive outburst. Please do not leave your seat to take pictures or hand out flowers. We reserve the right to escort disruptive students or spectators out of the ceremony.
Caps, Gowns & Tassels
The caps, gowns, tassels (with the exception of National Honor Society tassels), announcements, and other items will be distributed to students with no remaining financial obligations on April 12-13, 2017, during lunch periods. If your child was unable to pick these up during the scheduled times, please contact Mrs. Kathy Fairbairn at 467-2140, ext. 5067. If the ordering of these items was overlooked, contact Mrs. Fairbairn as soon as possible!
A mandatory graduation rehearsal will be held on Friday, May 19, 2017, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Students should report to the Performing Arts Center at 11:45 a.m. If your child plans to participate in the ceremony, he or she must be present for rehearsal.
Student Attire for Graduation
In addition to the required cap and gown, gentlemen should wear a dress shirt, tie, dress pants, socks, and dress shoes. Ladies are asked to wear a blouse and skirt, dress or dress slacks, and dress shoes. No flip-flops or tennis shoes will be allowed.
End-of-Year Senior Information
As we prepare to finalize such end-of-year events as Honors Night and graduation, there is information we need to acquire from seniors to ensure we have accurate records for them in the areas of scholarships, military, JJC credit, and correspondence courses. A form designed to help you compile this information can be dowloaded by clicking here (the form will be posted in the near future). Please complete the form and return it to Mrs. Kathy Fairbairn at Central Campus by Monday, April 24, 2017. If you have any questions, please call or email Mrs. Fairbairn at 815-467-2140, ext. 5067 or email@example.com.
Situations that Will Prevent Graduation Participation
Unfortunately, there are certain conditions that will make it not possible for a senior to participate in the graduation ceremony. They are as follows:
- Any student who does not fulfill all academic requirements of Minooka Community High School, including makeup work, by the end of the school day at 2:57 p.m. on Tuesday, May 16, 2017, will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony. Parents, please remind your child that any make-up work must be turned in before this deadline.
- Any students with grades coming in from correspondence work must have final grades submitted to Mrs. Debbie Muehlbauer, Registrar, no later than Friday, May 5, 2017, by 3 p.m.
- Any student who has an outstanding financial obligation will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony. Please call Mrs. Kathy Krakowski, 815-521-4122, to rectify any obligations no later than Monday, May 1, 2017. All remaining financial obligations can be paid with cash, money order or through the MCHS web store at www.mchs.net.
- Seniors who fail to participate in the graduation practice on Friday, May 19, 2017, will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
- Any student dressed in jeans, shorts, flip-flops, gym shoes, etc. will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony. Please emphasize this with your child.
Grad Images will be on hand at graduation to take photos of graduates as they receive their diploma covers during the ceremony. For pre-registration incentives, including information on how you can obtain a 20% off coupon from Grad Images, please click here. To pre-register your order, please click here.
Graduation Ceremony Video
Local videographer Mr. Video will offer professional DVD recordings of this year's graduation ceremony for $30 each. To pre-order a copy of the DVD, please click here.
Local Scholarship Opportunities
Several local businesses, groups, and organizations make a wide variety of scholarship opportunities available exclusively to MCHS seniors. To view the list of local scholarship opportunities or to download applications, please click here.
The 2017 MCHS Junior/Senior Prom, Masquerade, is set for Saturday, May 6, 2017, from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Navy Pier in Chicago. Prom registration information will be posted here once available.
Senior Final Exams & Exemptions
The seniors will take their final exams on May 15 and 16, 2017. In order to be exempt from taking a final exam in a year-long course, a student must: 1) have earned an "A" for his/her Semester 1 final grade, and; 2) have an "A" in progress at the time of the Semester 2 final exam. This exemption policy applies to only year-long courses and excludes all Joliet Junior College Dual Credit courses. If a student is exempt from the final exam, he/she does not need to be present for that class period. All seniors who are not exempt are expected to be in attendance for all required exams during both test days.
Student Immunization History
Many universities and employers require a current immunization history. Seniors who would like an electronic copy of their immunization history should email Mrs. Peggy Babic at firstname.lastname@example.org (Central Campus Nurses’ Office). Please note “Immunization History” in the subject line. A paper copy of the immunization history is also available. You may also call the Nurses’ Office at 815-467-2140, ext. 5045 or stop by to request a copy.
Seniors can request transcripts by downloading, completing, and submitting the appropriate Transcript Request Form.
- Click here to download a Non-Graduate Transcript Request Form if you have NOT yet graduated officially.
- Click here to download a Graduate Transcript Request Form if you have already officially graduated from MCHS.
Please note that MCHS will not issue official transcripts if a student does not have a zero balance on school fees. If a student has a school fee balance, only unofficial transcript requests will be processed.